Question about trading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about trading

Post by reynard on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Okay, so I know that trading between players is still down right now, but I had a question that's really been bugging me. I've never played the official Pokemon games, so I don't know how they work exactly, though this game seems to me to be a very faithful recreation. My question is, if you trade Pokemon, can you then trade them back?

I've been playing Omicron for quite a while, and there are several Pokemon that don't evolve without being traded. I get that as a game mechanic. But for me, I've sort of gotten attached to the ones I catch. I nickname all of them that I keep (save the few that I catch just for NPC trading) and I usually catch first evolutions so I can evolve them myself and save some space. They're all mine.

I have for example, a Haunter I'd like to be a Gengar. His name is Shadow. But he's mine, and I don't want to trade him away just like that. I'd just like him to evolve. And if I got another Haunter/Gengar, it wouldn't exactly be like the one I've put a lot of time into, and leveled up from a low level Ghastly. Not the same stats, moves, etc.

So is it possible in the mechanics of the system to trade a Pokemon with someone (say I give them Shadow) so it will evolve, and then trade those same Pokemon back to that person? I have no idea whether this is simply uncommon practice in Pokemon or whether the program in the official games or these simply will not allow trade backs. I mean the anime showed a trade back, so I am left wondering if that's a reflection of the game mechanics.

If it IS possible, I'd be more than willing to help other people get their own Pokemon to evolve in the same way, barring we try to account for any new moves they might learn upon evolving (so their original owner can still make the choice of whether to keep the new move).

Thank you

reynard
Level 10

Pokédollars : 17
Experience : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about trading

Post by AlphabetTaco on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:10 pm

You can trade them back so long as the person you trade with is willing to do that, otherwise you're just out of luck. Basically get a friend or someone you trust, and request they trade a pokemon they found valuable as well so they'd be more willing to give yours back. All in all it is an extremely simple process that I have covered int he most complicated way to make sure there is no confusion. lol I need someone to trade with as well, if you have a Steam account you can add and chat with me on there, name is AlphabetTaco, and best of luck with your endeavors. lol

AlphabetTaco
Level 5

Pokédollars : 9
Experience : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reynard on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:39 pm

AlphabetTaco wrote:You can trade them back so long as the person you trade with is willing to do that, otherwise you're just out of luck. Basically get a friend or someone you trust, and request they trade a pokemon they found valuable as well so they'd be more willing to give yours back. All in all it is an extremely simple process that I have covered int he most complicated way to make sure there is no confusion. lol I need someone to trade with as well, if you have a Steam account you can add and chat with me on there, name is AlphabetTaco, and best of luck with your endeavors. lol

Oh good. Like I said, I've never played the official games, so I didn't know if the machine itself caused problems. And as I also said, I'd be willing to help other people who just want their Pokemon to evolve through trade, and I'd be very upfront about all of that if I asked.

And thank you for the offer. Sadly it will have to be on hold, since, you know, the trade system isn't working and all. But thank you very much for clearing that up.

reynard
Level 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphabetTaco on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:44 pm

I haven't been keeping up with most of the updates n stuff cuz I got this a couple weeks ago, so I have no idea what does and does not work aside from a few things I've discovered on my own, thought the trading was available just not 100% reliable.

AlphabetTaco
Level 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reynard on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:09 pm

AlphabetTaco wrote:I haven't been keeping up with most of the updates n stuff cuz I got this a couple weeks ago, so I have no idea what does and does not work aside from a few things I've discovered on my own, thought the trading was available just not 100% reliable.

Well every time I try the online sector and the... GTS I think...that's the trading system right? Anyway, every time I have tried that it said the server was down because of conflict with saving the game. Although apparently I have not installed the latest patch...so...but if it becomes available I will let you know.

reynard
Level 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphabetTaco on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:13 pm

If it's not too inconvenient at the moment, add me on steam and we chat on there in a more convenient manner, even if trading isn't functioning, I enjoy having a fellow poke-nerd to chat with while I play.

AlphabetTaco
Level 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reynard on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Okay. Done. Username is ReynardFox

reynard
Level 10